Thursday, September 9, 2010

Work, Life and Answers

One of my very good friends called me up yesterday. And as we were talking, he asked me what's going on in my life. I started telling him about my work, office and business. He said, "Saale... band kar apna yeh bakwas (stop talking all this shit), tell me what's going on in your life, I mean personal life". I said, "I am doing good, enjoying life and my work". He insisted me to tell stories and incidents about my personal life. And frankly speaking, I really couldn't tell him anything about my personal life because I had  no such stories to tell as I made myself busy only in work and I had nothing called personal life. My work has become my personal life. Whereas about my work, I could have told him a thousand stories but he was not interested.

It really made me think that our life has changed a lot because of our work. We don't think much personal now. We think of earning money and getting rich. We have become machines who work like anything. But is Work bad? Should there be a limit for work? Or in other words, how much should we work? Shouldn't people think of becoming billionaires? Should we earn only to make our both ends meet and be happy? The other side of the coin reflects people like Narayana Murthy, Ashank Desai, Ratan Tata and many more like them. If they wouldn't have worked, millions of people wouldn't have got employment.

It really put me on a comparative ladder to think and the best answer which came up from the inner me is "Listen to your heart and do whatever you love to do, you will be happy....".

No comments:

Post a Comment